Photo of Tagliatelle with Poppy seed paste and candied fruits by Mario
Today we’ll show you how to transform a simple pasta into a sweet festive treat!
We’re going to use Tagliatelle pasta and mix it together with poppy seed paste and some candied fruits such as candied orange peel, dried cranberries and apricots, and then…we’ll spice it up Amaretto and cinnamon for that extra kick of flavour! This dish is all about festive feel – your taste buds are in for a delicious Christmas party!
Tagliatelle with Poppy seed paste and candied fruits
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Recipe by Bill
- 1 batch of our Homemade Pasta recipe (either egg or eggless one)
- 300 g poppy seed paste/filling
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- 45 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 45 g dried cranberries
- 60 g dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 45 g candied orange peel
- 50 ml Amaretto
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- Cook our Homemade Pasta according to instructions.
- In another bowl, put all ingredients in and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Once combined, throw the pasta in and gently mix altogether.
- Serve in a large bowl for everybody to enjoy.
- This sweet pasta and poppy seed recipe can be served either warm or cold.
- Feel free to add any other dried fruits or nuts that you like.